KoPoint will a host live broadcast election coverage event on Tuesday, November 6th. Our broadcast will begin on http://live.kopoint.com around 5pm ET. The event will be hosted on Google+ and streamed as a Hangout.
Production on the election show is underway:
We’ll begin our coverage with a short American Convesration podcast episode. As the evening progresses, we’ll weave our own in-studio commentary with YouTube music video and campaign video playlists. Via Hangouts we’ll connect with the community, our friends, and partners. Please feel free to contribute your favorite political clips and music videos, and dial-in to the election event page for more details.
We have some cool partners:
- On the quarter hour, we’ll be checking in with Tom Merritt and his creative conspirators at Tech News Today.
- On the half-hour I’ll be providing updates on air with the Lisa Wexler Show, a Tristate/NYC political news and talk show.
- Throughout the day KoPoint will host an Election Day mobile conversation via the Bonfyre iOS and Android app.
- In studio, I’ll be joined by American Conversation host Marc Lizoain, somtimes-contributor Joaquin Roca, and a number of other folks from the KoPoint and SumAll families.
Audio will be streamed through the Hangout, and post-facto edited to an election summary podcast. Video will be minimal but fun. We plan to feed our Hangout video with shots from a few web cams in the KoPoint studio.
KoPoint election coverage is underwritten by the fine folks at:
- SumAll - (studio and gear underwriting, ongoing) Analytics for humans.
- Bonfyre - (content sponsor, upcoming) Prviate social sharing.
- MediaGuage (content sponsor, upcoming) – How listeners are consuming media, right now.
On a personal note, I’m really excited and nervous about this event. The prospect of building and running a live election production is very exciting. In terms of the live production itself, I fully anticipate this to be a fun, informative, and DIY-experiment full of bugs and gaffes. I thrive in a live production environment, bu I’m nervous about the prospect of managing live video, smart conversation, and live bodies in-house. The bonus is that these are also the ingredients necessary for a cool event.
I’ve had a blast podcasting from trail this year with the folks at Talk Radio News, Marc Lizoain, and Charles Hope. I’m far from a campaign veteran, but I’ve been covering politics and campaigns using broadcast and social media tools through a few cycles. Relative to the New York City media environment, broadcasting from the KoPoint studio is a small event. The social web is far more mature than during the ’08 campaign, and generations beyond Creepy Sleepy’s proto-podcast reports from the 2004 campaign. But for our gang of commentators and killer community, this should be a great and fun event.
Ping us any time in the comments below or via email if you have any witty questions, critiques, or ideas.
Thanks for listening.